Jamalapuram Venkateswara Swamy Temple:
As per the Legend, Sage Jabali performed penance in the Vaikunta cave on top of this hill. It is believed that Lord Venkateswara Swamy self-manifested here.
As per the folklore, Uppala Yagna Narayana Sharma an ardent devotee of Lord Vishnu reached this place during his Yatra. He dedicated his life to the deity and started worshipping. He instructed his descendants to worship Lord Venkateswara without fail. 6th descendant, Uppala Akku Bhatlu was not able to climb the hill and prayed Lord Venkateswara for his inefficiency. Lord Venkateswara instructed him to climb down without turning back so that he can follow the devotee. During this process, Akku Bhatlu heard a huge sound and turned back. Lord Venkateswara manifested at that point.
Jamalapuram Temple Timings
Morning Hours: 5:00 am - 1:00 pm
Evening Hours: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm.
How to reach Jamalapuram temple?
- The nearest bus station is at Jamalapuram which is 5 Km away.
- The direct bus is available from Khammam and Vijayawada stations.
- The nearest airport is at Vijayawada which is 65 Km away
- The direct train is available from Vijayawada, Hyderabad station.
- Krishna, Golconda Express from Hyderabad pass by Jamalapuram.
Reference Link: details
- Monday : 05:00-21:00
- Tuesday : 05:00-21:00
- Wednesday : 05:00-21:00
- Thursday : 05:00-21:00
- Friday : 05:00-21:00
- Saturday : 05:00-21:00
- Sunday : 05:00-21:00
Location on MapGet Direction
|Address||Jamalapuram, Telangana 507201, Jamalapuram, Telangana, 507201, india|
City: Sri Kalahasthi
City: Dwaraka Tirumala